Saturday, January 16, 2010

Mante and Valles

I know we've shown some shoes before but these are some of the shoes of Mante. It's been pretty rainy and muddy in Mante for several weeks. It doesn't do much good to shine them every day. We stopped here on the way to Valles for zone conference to do interviews.
After zone conference, we took a couple of elders to a place they have found to live in. The place they have been living in is a 45 minute walk to their area. This is the place they feel is so much better than where they live. I thought I would share a couple of pictures to show you how 'things' goes out the window when you're involved in this work.
Elder Condos and Elder Miguel are as happy as can be with this new arrangement. Their clothes line is even right outside the door. You just have to remember to duck when you enter and leave.
"This is the way we wash our clothes, wash our clothes, wash our clothes."

2 comments:

Nancy said...

This mission experience will not be easily forgotten for these elders. This is life changing for them. No wonder they come home such great men.
It is for us to remember that our Savior sacrificed so much more for this work.
today I am taking one of the Elder's in our area a pair of shoes after I watched him putting a strip of duct tape across the crack that goes all the way across the sole.
He will enjoy seeing the pictures of your elder's shoes.

Marissa said...

WOW! No washing machines at all? I thought I had hard in Korea without a dryer! Oh mom, they're so lucky to have you there!