After Dad finished the interviews he had some other interviews to do there with some people that will be going to the temple for the first time tomorrow. While he was busy with that I noticed a sister coming into the church with a bag of stuff for cooking. I asked her what she was going to do and was told that at 5:00 there was a R.S. activity (every week) to teach the sister how to make cookies. Then they can make them at home and sell them on the street. It is what many people do here to make money. She said that one sister, in particular, needed this skill to help her economically with her family.
I decided I wanted to attend. We had an opening song, prayer and a visiting teaching message. Then the mixing began. I took video so that you could get a better idea on how to make sugar cookies in Huejutla.
This is the process to refine the sugar and grind it so they can add dried coloring and grind it all together.
No mixer, no roller, no cutting board. Just hands, ingredients, love, and a lot of Spanish. They sprinkle the colored sugar on top before they bake them. And that, my friends, is how you make sugar cookies in Huejutla.
1 comment:
Speechless. The eggs. The flour "bowl." Who needs a Bosch! I especially love the last video with the lady who licks her finger then keeps right on patting those cookies like crazy. So funny. You'll be glad you got this on video when you come home to show us all how to do it "live!"
Post a Comment